WHAT IS THE BEST ELECTRIC SHAVER SENSITIVE SKIN?
This has got to be one of the most regularly asked questions when it comes to the electric trimmer.
And it makes an exact sense—finally; most men that go for an electric shaver did so just to get free of the discomfort caused by shaving with a blade.
Regardless if you’re coming straight from traditional wet shaving or you just want an upgrade for your current using shaver, you’ll most possible want two things: a close shave and a comfortable, pain- free experience.
Finding the best electric shaver for sensitive skin is not as simple as some might believe. And that’s because there is not such a thing as the best electric shaver, but one that is Right for you
View our ratings and reviews and look at our Buying Guide to discover the Best electric shaver for your sensitive skin.
Electric Shaver or Normal Razor: Which is better?
When you have sensitive skin, you need to avoid a manual razor. While manual razors are wanted for their close and smooth shapes, they cut very near the skin and cause a lot of friction and irritation which may worsen skin sensitivity. Besides, manual razors cause burns, nicks and scrape a lot of often and will definitely trigger sensitivity reactions.
In the country, electric shavers are designed with skinny foils on their shaving heads to stop the blades from actually touching the surface of the skin. As a result, the shavers minimize potential injury, irritation, and burns to the skin.
There are some things to understand before you get a beard trimmer that suits your wants. There are such a lot of different kinds in the marketplace, from cordless to corded, and with many various length settings and attachments.
So to create it simple; after you are watching these exceptional facial hair groomers you’ll need to think about these things:
There are 2 main kinds of electric shavers. Rotary shavers have 2 or 3 rotating heads that elevate the hair from the skin before removing it. The most effective rotary shavers feature pivoting rotors that cause the shaver to take hold the face and neck space, therefore on producing a clean shave.
Foil shavers feature razor blades set behind protecting foil that permits for a particular achievement. Such shavers tend to possess less Face area, which suggests it takes a bit longer to shave, however, if you’ve got sensitive skin, this can be the electric shaver for you.
Your beard length:
Long, medium, short or stubble? Check the length settings that they are available with! We have a tendency to list the complete info below.
The object of the trimmer:
Is it for your beard only? Or would one love it for head shaving and whole body use?
The options it comes with:
Will it go along with a vacuum function? What a few pop-up nose and ear hair detailer?
Cordless or Corded:
Are you able to use it while not a cord? However long will it hold a full charge, and additionally will it have a fast charge perform.
Be alert of buying an electric shaver that doesn’t go with a warranty or guarantee of some type. If possible, get the longest warranty available.
Last but not least, decide your budget before you purchase. Electric razor comes low-cost and also come to the value of hundreds of dollars. Confirm how much you’re willing to spend and shop properly…
After you are taking these items into thought, you’re able to read our electric shaver reviews that come in extreme detail to assist you to decide on the right one for the certain future. we’ve got created a chart to assist you simply compare and distinction the most effective beard trimmers so the last word selection you create takes under consideration each class that’s each relevant and necessary.
10 best electric shavers reviewed
In this section, we reviewed 10 best electric shavers for you. What are those? Let’s see the list:
- Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7300
- Braun Series 7 760cc
- Braun Series 7 790cc
- Panasonic Arc5
- Wahl 8061 Professional
- Braun series 3 3040s
- Philips Norelco Shaver 8900
- Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
- Remington F5-5800
- Panasonic arc 3
Achieve absolutely even stubble with the Philips Norelco Vacuum stubble and beard trimmer professional, the only stubble trimmer that doesn’t create a mess whereas trimming. designed with a vacuum system to capture cut hair for convenience and cleanliness, this high-performance trimmer with eighteen length settings, special stubble comb, and LED show is in a position to trim absolutely to induce the design you would like.
The only stubble trimmer with a vacuum system, the Philips Norelco Vacuum Stubble and Beard Trimmer professional makes it easy to trim your facial hair without leaving a mess in the sink. Equipped with multiple length settings, an adjustable comb, a turbo power button that boosts the cutting speed, and a multifunctional display, this trimmer offers everything you wish for a fair, precise cut. For convenience, the trimmer includes a lithium-ion battery for durable cordless use and fast charges. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer 7300 Release Date 2010-07-10
- The only stubble trimmer with an integrated vacuum system for mess-free grooming
- Multifunctional display shows battery life and length setting
- Turbo power button boosts cutting and fan speed
- Adjustable comb with convenient stubble setting
- Lithium-ion battery and travel lock for easy portability
- Maintenance-free, stay-sharp blades
- Two-year warranty
- The only stubble trimmer with an integrated vacuum system for mess-free grooming
- Multifunctional display shows battery life and length setting
- Turbo power button boosts cutting and fan speed
- Adjustable comb with convenient stubble setting
- Lithium-ion battery and travel lock for easy portabilityMaintenance-free, stay-sharp blades
- Two-year warranty
- Standard trimming head is too wide
- Door latch seems fragile
- Trimmer is quite loud
- Doesn’t come with a case
- not waterproof
the Braun Series 7-760cc Pulsonic electric Shaver System gives a close shave, all with a solid and attractive black and silver designed shaving unit. This Braun shaver has 3 completely different modes to tailor the shave to your face.
The Braun shaver is nice for grabbing those flat- lying hairs that are so tough to get with cheaper shavers, providing you with a clean smooth shave. Like another shaver in view of this category, there’s additionally a separate unit to wash, lubricate, dry, and charge your shaver.
- The razor is rechargeable and 100% waterproof, creating it excellent for shaving the show
- The razor has a Flexible shaving head that adjusts to even awkward contours of your face
- The triple-action cutting system lifts and cuts even hair that’s flat to your face
- A hair trimmer is ideal for beards, mustaches or sideburns
- LED display provides you battery levels and charging status at a glance
- Three modes – additional sensitive, normal and intense modes – allow you to decide what kind of shave you’d like
- Razor’s base disinfects, lubricates and cleans with every recharge
- Blades run at ten thousand RPMs
- 50 minute shaving time
- Trimmer could be better
The next shaver we review is that the Braun Series seven. It’s the bestselling razor in the world and was Braun’s flagship shaver till the release of the Series nine in late 2015. This review can concentrate on the Series seven 790cc-4 model.
It’s still one among the best rated electric shavers out there despite having been on the market since 2010. However is this shaver nearly as good as everybody claims it to be? Is the Braun Series seven an electric shaver value spending the money to buy? We aim to answer these queries and plenty more during this huge review.
- Intelligent Pulsonic Technology blasts 10,000 little vibrations per minute to hold the hair.
- Active lift technology permits flat-laying hairs to be raised and cut, and also the Triple Action Cutting System guarantees that each one hair lengths get an extremely close shave. This will be nice for guys needing shavers for bald heads.
- You’ll appreciate the Optic-Foil that captures plenty of hair while protecting your skin against irritation from the blades.
- Braun has added preciseness Long-Hair Trimmer for your beard, mustache, and sideburns.
- And it all comes with three customization modes–Extra Sensitive, Normal, and Intensive.
- The Braun Series 7-790cc has been a best seller for years! The end of Story
- It is completely waterproof. You’ll be able to – this one inside the shower if you’d like.
- Misses Hairs
- Not ergonomic
- Rough Shave
- High cost to wash
Arc5 ES-LV7N-S electric shavers are the latest copy for the man from The Panasonic “Arc” series. The first Arc shaver was introduced into the market back in 2009.
The Arc5 is a premium shaver with a price tag to match. We’ve been testing this shaver for the past six weeks, and it’s now time to inform you what we expect it.
This shaver created it onto our list of the most effective electric shavers for men because it deserves to be there in every possible manner. For people who have the money to afford a high-end shaver, this should be in your top 2 selections to consider.
- 3D Flexing Shaving heads
- Heads float side to side, up and down
- AcuLift trimmer to grab flat lying hairs
- Super fast motor running at 14,000cpm
- 5 blade system
- Automatic cleaning station
- Beard sensor to adjust shaving power
- ARC5 Skin Comfort FoilAutomatic voltage conversion – so it can be used overseas without any problems.
- Best Electric razor for close shaving
- Pivoting head
- Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
- Good for thick and heavy beards
- High Price
- The shaver is not that much great when it comes to comfortability
WAHL 5 Star Series is an upgraded and improved version of Wahl 8061 -100 that guarantees a clean and fast shave. It has a cordless design, and this makes it trouble-free to use.
You can easily get a close shave thanks to the bump-free feature included. This electric razor helps you save a lot of efficiencies but also precious time as it satisfies the best action with each recharge.
- Deluxe Rechargeable corded/cordless shaver
- Beard & mustache grooming
- Length of this shaver is 4.6″
- Super Lightweight
- Hypo-Allergenic Gold Foil
- Bump-free Ultra Close Shave
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Uniquely designed for the skin type of black men
- Used to shave face, beard, neck, and head
Why is it so popular for professional use?
One of the key reasons why this razor shaper is so familiar is because of the design of the foil which shaves the hair. The shave can get really close to the skin as compared to a normal razor. This ensures that you are not just able to get a bump-free shave but also you can trim the hair without leaving any larger chunks of hair in between. This provides you with the perfect precision shave. During the shaving process, this also helps you achieve the right kind of angles as well as the shape which you need. This is one of the main reasons why it is so popular for professional use. You do not have worry about bumps or blunt edges when using the shaver shaper.
- Cuts razor close without leaving any bumps;
- Has a powerful motor, so it can be easily used on the entire head;
- Stays charged for several days, so you can use it daily with no problem;
- It handles perfectly thick and curly beard, thus it can be used by all men;
- The big head helps you achieve a complete shave in a minute.
- The foil can be damaged if too much pressure is applied;
- It cannot handle very well long hair;
- It is a bit loud.
The Braun Series 3 3040 Wet and Dry Shaver is now even better than previous generations of Braun shavers with the introduction of the Series 3 and its new micro-comb technology.
The shaver catches and feeds more hair into the cutting parts for a fast and effective shave that will leave you feeling smooth and comfortable.
- World’s number one foil-shaver brand
- Braun is the official electric shaver of the NFL
- Patented triple-action cutting system that cuts both long and short hairs with every stroke
- One-hour full charge delivers 45 minutes of continuous shaving
- Quick 5- minute charge for one shaving experience
- MicroComb technology reduces shaving time
- Patented SensoFoil for efficient cut and extremely close shave
- smooth and comfortable shaves,
- excellent wet shaving performance,
- quiet, solidly built with excellent ergonomics,
- long hair trimmer,
- Inexpensive and durable replacements for the cutting block,
- good battery life, reasonable price
- Can feel a bit underpowered at times,
- not the best long hair trimmer,
- works best for a day or two days shaving,
- no travel pouch or lubricant included,
- no significant updates compared to the older 340s-4
Philips Norelco’s best shave so far, Shaver 8900 gives you the ultimate shaving experience. Its Gyro Flex 3D structure has three effective parts that move freely, flexing outside, pivoting around, and leaning inner, following the natural contours of your face minimizing pressure and frustration. Also, the Ultra Track shaving heads grab every hair in just a few strokes.
Three particular shaving tracks cover 50% more skin area at a time. Easily shaving lengthy hairs, flattened hairs and tiny stubble. The Patented Lift and Cut dual blade system lift hairs to comfortably cut below skin level. This razor gets the job finished without leaving any stray hairs or stubble behind.
- A Gyro Flex 3D contour-following heads adjust to every curve, minimizing pressure and irritation
- Ultra Track heads catch every hair with just a few strokes
- Premium touch-control numeric display lets you know how much power remains
- Patented Lift & Cut action lifts hairs to cut below skin level for a closer shave
- Comfortable shaving – wet or dry – thanks to the Aqua Tech seal
- Skin Glide shaving surface slides smoothly over your skin for a close, easy shave
- It saves shaving time tremendously
- Very quiet during use
- Charges fast
- Does not make any frustration and is good for sensitive skin
- Easy to hold
- Best for travel
- Cleaning solution costs money and a cartridge will roughly last between one to two months depending on how often you use it
- Replacement heads are expensive (and you need to replace it annually)
- LED battery indicator isn’t accurate
- Package does not include a cleaning brush
Philips Norelco AT830 is really a middle-range electric razor and really nice for new users. This is a wet and dry shaver that its performance is at par with high-end shavers. This is one of the finest shavers that Philips manufactured after the SensoTouch shavers.
If you are a fond of Rotary shavers and you are on a small budget, it might be the top selection. This shaver is perfect for men who have thicker stubble than most.
- Shaver 4500 is formerly known as Power Touch
- Dual Precision technology tackles longer hair and the shortest stubble
- Integrated pop-up trimmer is perfect for mustache and sideburns
- Pivot, Flex & Float system follows the lines of your face
- Unique AquaTec technology offers wet or dry shaving
- Fully washable design for easy cleaning.
- LED Charge, Battery Low, and Battery Full Indicator.
- 3-Minute quick-charge for 1 cordless shave.
- Completely charges in one hour for up to 50 minutes of shaving time.
- Good ergonomic design
- 2-years warranty can be extended to 2.5 years by registering the product on Philips’ website.
- Excellent 50 minute’s battery life
- the package does not include the travel case and charging stand;
- Battery life indicator is not satisfactory.
- It is available in mid-cost range
The Remington Series 5 Rechargeable Foil Shaver gives a close, clean and consistent shave. Featuring progressive Pivot & Flex Technology, the shaver’s two freely flexing foil screens and pivoting neck adjust to the contour of your jaw, cheeks, and neck to reduce pressure and frustration while expanding closeness.
Interceptor Shaving Technology cuts up to three days value of growth with comfort. Get that smooth, hot look you always wanted, without nicks and scratches. Getting the closest shave probable means less irritatingly scratchy stubble later in the day. The long-lasting surgical steel blades offer highest accuracy and durability. The Intercept Cutting Remington electric shaver is a smart pick for a close shave.
- You can use this corded or cordless – this gives you great flexibility depending on the need
- 60-minute runtime
- 1 hour charge time with the optional 5-minute quick charge
- Washable head – you can clean this under running water
- Pivot and flex head allows the head of the razor to maintain contact with the skin especially on tough to reach spots like the jawline and neck area
- Interceptor technology precuts longer strands of facial hair allowing you to
- Shave even multiple day beard growth
- Very affordable at less than $50
- Corded and cordless functionality offers great flexibility
- Long run time
- Washable head saves you money in terms of not having to buy cleaning refill packs
- Easy to clean (it comes with a cleaning brush)
- Cannot use this to wet shave
- While the head can tilt back and forth, there is no side to side movement
- May not be suitable for men with sensitive skin
The Panasonic ES8103S Arc3 is a great electric razor for when you’re looking for the price but still want an excitant brand name. Its foil head system with a grey and black exterior. The pivoting head pivots back and forward at a twenty-degree angle to provide a great shave.
There are a power knob and an LED indicator near the end of the grip. This electric razor can be used wet or dry. There’s no extra cleaning or charging component, so this guides to keep the costs down, but you’ll still have to memorize to wash it under the tap after every single use.
- Three blade cutting system help give men a smooth shave
- Wet or dry shaving functionality
- Fully waterproof and washable under running water (thanks to the sonic vibration cleaning mode)
- Multi-flex pivoting head will adapt to the contours of your face
- 30-degree inner blades will help give you a close shave
- comes with a pop-up trimmer
- 10-stage LCD display
- 42-minute runtime
- 2-year warranty
- wonderful close shave
- Wet & Dry shaving capable, fully waterproof
- Nanotech Blades
- Decent warranty
- Good price/value
- provide you a lot of flexibility – you can shave under the shower, with a shaving cream or if you’re in a hurry dry shave
- Soft-shell travel pouch. Does not offer much protection
- Cleaning dock can take up lots of space on your bathroom counter
- Short battery life
Cannot Decide Which Best For You? Look Here:
|Low budget:||Wahl 9854 Lithium Ion|
|Short beards:||Panasonic ER-GB60-K|
|Medium beards:||Wahl Slate 9864|
|Long beards:||Remington MB4045B|
|Perfect stubble:||Philips Norelco BT7215|
|For whole body use:||Philips Norelco Multigrain 7100|
|Most length settings:||Panasonic ER-GB70-S|
|Overall performance:||Wahl Slate 9864|
|Bald Head Use||Wahl Balding Clipper #8110|
|Back Shaving||MANGROOMER Ultimate Pro Back Shaver|
|Nose, ear||Panasonic ER-GN30-K|
|Pubic area (male)||Philips Norelco7100, (BG2040)|
|Pubic area (female)||Panasonic ES2216PC Close Curves|
Remember, don’t focus too much on this chart because it’s not the be all. As an example, plenty of those trimmers are nice for giving you that rugged stubble look; however, the Remington MB4045 simply happens to be ideal for it.
Furthermore, whereas the Wahl 9864 may be a high-end beard clipper for long beards, all the opposite products except for the Norelco BT7215 work great for extended beards as well.
This is due to the radical short length settings the BT7215 comes with because the highest one is just 10mm. All in all, the selection is ultimately up to you, however, we are positive that you simply can like all of those top quality products that we tend to feature above.
There are lots of products on the market, many who are actually new which attempt to catch the younger crowd with better aesthetics. We don’t feature most of these because what they create up in terms of looks, they lack where it extremely matters; in performance and attachments for additional length settings.
Moving on, we all know there are lots of men out there with sensitive skin. This can be a big issue that needs careful selecting when it involves products touch the skin on your face, therefore let’s offer you one clipper that’s ideally designed for men with sensitive skin.
Top Pick for a Sensitive Skin
When you have sensitive skin, there’s a possibility that using a shaver simply leaves you feeling itchy and sporting a skin complaint, is it true? Well, don’t worry.
If you are one of the unlucky men that suffer from violent sensitive skin, we extremely suggest that you decide the wet and dry functioning Panasonic Milano ER-GB40-S. After our tests, it has stood up as very favorable to this kind of skin and it does an amazing job of trimming without causing the boring bumps and reddening from happening that some other clippers or shavers would provide you.
Even as it is no longer on our top list, it is still a huge product and worthy of being a selection for those with sensitive skin. The cause it has been removed from the top 10 is because of the battery power and the terrible length of recharge time (15 hours for 50 minutes of use).
The feedback that we have received also advised the same exact thing: If you have a sensitive skin of any type and are anxious about irritation happening, such as acne or redness than this is the ideal selection for you. The recently added Panasonic ER-GB70-S also has same hypo-allergenic blades that reduce tugging, but it is more costly and more powerful also.
The Cruzer6 did not make our list though because the performance was not up to balance with the rest of the products that made our top 10 list.
Of course, you also require to have a rock-solid routine and right method while trimming your beard to be totally successful in avoiding any injury done to your skin, so just don’t forget that and depend only on the product itself. Anyway, all of the top beard trimmers we have listed do just okay for sensitive skin providing you do have a proper method; however, they might be a bit uneven for people who are on the more extreme side of sensitive.
Beards Cutting Lengths Guide
Generally speaking, there are 3 styles of beards: short (with stubble), medium, and long. After you are selecting the right product for your facial hair, you would like to create positive that the cutting lengths are contributive to the kind of beard you’re growing. We’ve got all the information on the cutting lengths and attachments that these fantastic beard trimmers return inside the comparison chart above, thus make sure to decide on one that fits you well.
For a guideline, see the recommendations below:
anyplace from 0.5mm that may be terribly short stubble to 4mm that is a nice long stubble look.
anyplace from 5mm to 12mm sometimes constitutes a medium beard.
anyplace from 13mm to 25mm is wherever most long beards tend to be. Only some of the trimmers go above 20mm, but you are doing have choices!
Keep in mind that simply because a product has cutting lengths all the way to 25mm, doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll have a large array of selections for people with short beards. This recommendation is generally for people new to shopping for a trimmer, and when you own your 1st one you’ll just about understand and recognize that lengths you need if you choose to replace or upgrade in the future.
Now, let’s look into a standard misunderstanding in the male grooming world and how you’ll be able to avoid a possible pitfall.
- You’ll have noticed that some shavers are both ‘wet’ and ‘dry’. A ‘wet’ electric razor doesn’t just mean that you simply will use it in the shower; it means you’ll be able to use a shaving cream. For those people with sensitive skin, the flexibility to use shaving cream with an electric shaver could be a game changer. It isn’t hassled free; however, it will be an Advantage to the skin on your face.
A decent quality shaving cream contains ingredients that act on the outer layer of the hair, known as the cuticle, causing hairs to soak up water and swell, creating them softer, larger & much easier for the shaver blades to cut them. If you do commit to using it in the shower (much less clean up) then the water and steam will also create it a lot of less likely that you will suffer irritation and/or razor burn.
The best way to use shaving cream along with your electric shaver is to massage it into your face (after a pre-wash) and leave it for at least five minutes for the shaving cream to melt the hairs. If you have been missing your badger hair brush since the switch to an electric shaver, then you’ll use this to apply the cream/foam/gel. If you find you’re creating multiple passes in the same space, then apply some more cream to avoid burn. Wet shaving with both rotary and foil electrical shavers could be a little closer than dry shaving.
With wet electrical shaving, you get the most effective of both worlds: a close shave that’s almost prettied much as good as shaving with a blade and also the comfortable and painless experience of an electric shaver.
- If you’re using a foil shaver then you should shave the foremost sensitive areas 1st, while it’s still cool and before the shaver heats up slightly. Shave beside the grain and in a straight line – up and down or left to right. Don’t try a circular motion. Only with a rotary shaver, you can shave in annular patterns across the skin.
- Wash your face with water and use an aftershave balm or lotion, don’t skip the post shave treatment. Steer clear of alcohol-based mostly aftershaves as they’ll dry the skin. Then, clean your shaver after every shave, according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Foil shavers have a head that you just can pop off easily, however, rotary shavers became easier to wash. Most shavers are shipped with a little cleanup brush that’s very losable. You’ll be able to order a brand new one via our catalog; otherwise, you might use a fine paint brush.
Some of the newer, top finish electrical shavers come with an arrival station that serves to wash, lubricate and dry your blade, moreover as recharge it with power. Clean up your shaver frequently will reduce the incidence of skin disease, as your skin bacteria and oils won’t unfold across your face and into your pores.
Don’t forget that it’ll take some of the weeks of shaving for your skin to urge used to used to switch to an electric razor, and this can be also the case if you’re a switch from rotary to foil and contrariwise.
Now that you just understand the distinction and have a better plan of which one to decide on, the most effective factor to do is to create that selection and try it out. After all, several of the top makers provide a thirty day, no quibble money back guarantee. Try one and see if you wish the flexibility and convenience.
Some frequently asked questions
- Are electric shavers tough to clean?
Answer: Most of the electric shavers can be cleaned quickly and without any irritation. The simple way to dirt free an electric shaver is to take away the head and softly tap and brush the top to remove hair. You may also like to remove the housing and check out each cutter from time to time to make sure they are not blocked with hair. Some models can be cleaned with running water when the shaver is not plugged into the electrical source, and the majority comes with a little brush that is to be used to find the hair out of the nooks and crannies. Some electric shavers are auto charging and are quickly cleaned inner side the storage base.
- How often should electric shaver blades be changed?
Answer: Replacement of the blades and cutters will vary depending on the model of shaver you have; the company’s manual will naturally identify how often you require changing the blades. Normally, it is a fine idea to change electric shaver heads and cutters about once every 12 months. More frequent changes may be needed if your hair is very bulky or very inflexible.
- What’s the dissimilarity between 1,2,3,4 and 5 blades?!
Answer: Since shaving technology progresses, We see the quantity of blades mounting. Actually, best results also can be achieved with just one fine, sharp blade. This is because, depending on the shaving product used, handles with a higher quantity of blades can bulk up with stubble and remains pretty quickly. This in result reduces the number of blades and performances even as you shave, meaning you may go over the similar area of your face various times, making more frustration. Using the sharpest blades available improve performance and reduce shaving time.
- What is the finest brush for wet-shaving?
Answer: Badger brushes are best especially for sensitive skin, animal hair keeps more water than artificial hairs and therefore a thicker lather is achieved. Badger brushes come in various levels depending on the quality and smoothness of the hair, these range from a badger/synthetic combine to the top of the range Silvertip.
So if you’re looking for your perfect electric shaver, we hope that this list giving you with your personal favorite and cleared your head when it comes to the things you want to avoid. Our carefully selected list includes the items buyers find the best investment on Amazon and the ones we believe could be perfect for you. Finally, an electric shaver is one big part of our daily schedule.